April 16, 2009

 

It's Blog Reader Appreciation Day!

Did you know? Today is Blog Reader Appreciation Day! Hurray! I am finding out about all sorts of blogging "days" to celebrate, now that I'm involved with Bloggers Unite. I encourage you to join; it is uplifting.

The day was started one year ago by Robin Reagler who writes the blog The OTHER Mother. I've just started enjoying to get to know Robin through Bloggers Unite and Twitter.

On this day, I want to play a meme I got tagged with by Enola, who was so sweet to point attention to my post about Free The Slaves Day (also a Bloggers Unite event).

This meme is one of those that is actually an award--The I Love Ya Award. I love ya, too, Enola. And I hope you are healing quickly from your recent kidney stone operation. Ouch! Feel better!Love Ya Award

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

So on this day--Blog Reader Appreciation Day--I not only want to thank ALL my readers, but I especially want to thank the following friends and supporters for leaving comments and hugs and just being the types of bloggy friends who always seem to be there for me:

  1. I don't think Marcella at Abyss2Hope has a #1 aim of finding friends. But she is definitely not interested in self-aggrandizement--she's too busy making advocacy for rape and sexual assault survivors her big priority. But I just met Marcella IRL and so enjoyed it! I now consider her a bloggy friend AND and IRL friend!
  2. I met Buffalopine through Twitter. She is such an inspiration! She is also very free with her kind words of support, especially through her thoughtful e-mails and Tweets. I'm glad I'm getting to know this new friend!
  3. Check out Catatonic Kid's blog. She is a writer extraordinaire! I can hardly believe the lyrical quality of her writing sometimes. She's also an excellent human being. I can't remember who's blog I found her on, but she's another one I'm really enjoying getting to know better through blogging AND Twitter.
  4. Not only is Mike, from Child Abuse Survivor, not self-aggrandizing, he is a true friend to survivors. He is hosting the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse for the second time, tomorrow. He's also started the Child Abuse Survivor ning Network (see link below). He's a true friend that can always be counted upon.
  5. Mile 191 at Come Into My Closet is on a little bloggy break right now. I can see why she needs the rest. She runs a "blog carnival" on her blog just about every week. I've never seen any blogger who is so tireless at their willingness to support and promote other blogs. If you like "linky love," check out her blog!
  6. I'm glad I've gotten to know Grace, of Grace Uncensored, through The Child Abuse Survivor ning Network. She is also taking a bit of a bloggy break, but I get lots of supportive and friendly advice from her over at Polyvore, where we are part of an Adult Survivors group doing healing collage as art therapy.
  7. Rainbow, over at Haunted House, is another new bloggy friend of mine. I really enjoyed getting to know her through her event: Child Abuse Awareness Day over at Bloggers Unite. She's supporting the event I'm plugging over there, too: The Run and Rally to Stop the Silence of Child Sexual Abuse.
  8. Just Be Real started visiting my blog recently, then I started to see her over at the Child Abuse Survivor ning site. She often leaves comments on my blog that include the words "bless you" or "blessings." You know, she's the type of person who, when she offers these kinds words, really does make me feel blessed! Thanks, Just Be Real!
  9. I'm only supposed to pick eight, and this blogger has already been tagged by this meme, but I just have to include Tamara at Desire to Heal. She was quite supportive and kind to me over at the CAS ning recently when I was really struggling with the Easter holiday. I love ya, Tamara!
Now, that is certainly not an exhaustive list of bloggy buddies I love and would love to give this award to, but I was supposed to be limited to eight. Some of you guys--my old friends, and you know who you are--would be on a permanent list of mine. But, I thought--here on Blog Reader Appreciation Day and all--that I would highlight some newer bloggy buddies who are truly becoming a blessing to me. Give them a visit, won't you?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Cool; I'll check out those blogs.
 
Wo-thank you so very kindly for considering my blog for this awesome award! Your words are very precious to me Marj. Blessings dear one!
 
Kahless: I hope you check 'em out. And I hope you know that you would go on that "old friends" permanent list. Hey, maybe I should start my own award meme! Hhhmmmmm....

Just Be Real: See, there ya go with those blessings again! I love 'em! Thanks!
 
Marj - Here's a blogger who might interest you: http://writingforreallife.blogspot.com/2009/04/vulnerability.html
 
You are so kind to award my blog! I do hope one day to return to them. I miss them and have been wanting to write some days. Hope it's not another 4 months! Bless you for your work in helping survivors.
 
Thanks, Michele. I'll look them up.
 
You're so welcome, Grace. Bless you, too!
 
Just Be Real: See, there ya go with those blessings again! I love 'em! Thanks!Marj, you are just toooooo cute. Thank you dear one, and yes, "blessings."
 
Just be Real: Thanks, again for those blessings. Let's just keep those blessings rolling! :)
 
Thank you so much, Marj :D I'm enjoying getting to know your incredible heart, too.

Namaste, my friend.
 
CC: And namaste to you!
 
Thanks Marj for including me on this list of bloggers! I do appreciate it, even if it did take me a couple of days to work my way back here to comment! :)
 
Mike: Oh, I understand, no worries. And you're most welcome!
 
Marj,

For all you do...I've tagged you again with the Love Ya award.
 
Wow, I'm touched. Thanks, Nancy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?