September 22, 2008

 

First Day of Autumn & Our Carnival is Back

Hello, Survivors, Thrivers, Supporters and Advocates! Our hiatus for the BLOG CARNIVAL AGAINST CHILD ABUSE IS OVER and today--the first day of Fall--our carnival is back.

Please use caution when reading these posts--many topics related to child abuse can, understandably, be quite triggering for some readers.

Transitions

My first Carnival contribution is from Nancy Richards of Heal and Forgive. Nancy is becoming quite a valued, regular contributor to our Carnival. Here, she offers a wonderful, succinct post entitled, "Get over it" vs. "Go through it." There was no category chosen for this submission and, at first, I wasn't sure whether to include it under "Healing & Therapy," or "Advocacy & Awareness." Then, I realized that what she's talking about here is what I asked for in a monthly theme for this September carnival: Transitions. Blasting through memories, flashbacks, phobias, etc. on the way to healing is a huge transition we go through on this Survivor-to-Thriver journey. It's a lot scarier and a lot more work than just "getting over it," but, at least--for me anyway--I know I'm on the right path. Nancy says, "This post is to honor and encourage those who do the hard work to blast through their 'mountains' to get to 'the other side.'" Wow, Nancy. Thanks! I needed that!


Advocacy & Awareness

Austin of Sundrip Journals presents
Female Sadists - Therapy Discussion 1of2 posted at The People Behind My Eyes, saying, "To separate female offenders from male offenders is to give them a license to offend. Viewing female offenders differently than male offenders leaves their victims in a different light as well. We must see offenders for who they are and not separate accountability according to gender. Only in this way do we leave no survivor behind." Kudos, Austin and thanks for contributing to the Carnival again!

Amanda Moore highlights a wonderful list of child-help organizations in her post,
106 Organizations That Are Changing the World - Are you helping? posted at AMVA - Amanda Moore Virtual Assistant. Go check this out and do what you can!

Marcella Chester is the founder of the BLOG CARNIVAL AGAINST SEXUAL VIOLENCE and an on-going supporter of and contributor to our Carnival Against Child Abuse. Sadly, much child abuse includes the rape of innocent children. In this post, Marcella presents He Just Thinks He's Been Wrongfully Accused Of Rape posted at her blog, abyss2hope: A rape survivor's zigzag journey into the open.

April_Optimist is another great supporter of ours and regular contributor. This time, she presents A Survivor's Manifesto posted at The Thriver's Toolbox, saying, "Normally I post under healing but...I think this better falls under advocacy since it's about the respect with which I want all of us survivors to be treated. If we stand up for ourselves and expect respect, we are far more likely to get it. It is, in a sense, a transition from seeing myself (and fellow survivors) as flawed or damaged to seeing myself (and fellow survivors) as deserving respect." Thanks, April. And I agree. Respect is such a powerful tool for growth. You know, maybe if we all had more respect for children in general, we'd have a lot less child abuse to begin with. Now there's a novel idea!

Healing & Therapy

Holly Ord has participated in our carnival in the past. Thanks, Holly. Now, she's got a new blog, Healing Yourself Heals the World. Through this new blog, she presents for this Carnival edition, The Force that Drives You to Speak. Holly comments, "Healing Yourself Heals the World is a brand new site that will serve as a personal account of the healing journey from child abuse and childhood sexual assault. There is a force within survivors that pushes them to speak and not only will this site be a personal account of the healing journey, but hopefully it will also serve as a place of encouragement and motivation to other survivors and aid in their own healing journey. Thank you." What a wonderful name for a survivor-healing blog. Best wishes on this new venture, Holly.

Perfect, who writes a blog by the same name, offers us, Sometimes the Dragon Wins. It's a thoughtful post about loving yourself and choosing your battles during the healing journey. Thanks for this wonderful offering, Perfect!

In The News

Nandita joins our carnival and presents
Life Imprisonment for Raping Daughter Law Matters posted at law Matters. Thanks for contributing to our carnival, Nandita!

I've included a submission from Michael Snyder at The Moral Collapse Of America here. In this post he lists his 15 Things That Are Wrong With America. If you are dealing with the aftermath of spiritual abuse, as I am, you may want to use Extreme Caution when reading this blog. Mr. Snyder does, however, highlight some statistics on child abuse here. If you like a lively debate, you may want to peruse the comments on this post. I couldn't find an exact match to any of his child abuse statistics on our government's Child Welfare website, Darkness2Light or Child Help dot org, but we all know they are, indeed, alarmingly high. What I found a bit disturbing is the fact that he ranks "Gay Marriage" and "Evolution" higher (#3 and #4 respectively) on his "What's Wrong" list than child abuse (his #8). Hhmmmm, maybe it's not meant to be a hierarchy, but simply a rant.

Poetry

I'll leave you with a poem that I wrote, which could easily be under our "Aftermath" or "Healing" categories as well. It's called, "In My Own World I'll Stay" and it's from my post, Disconnected & Dissociated? here.

That concludes this edition. Thanks to all you brave bloggers that helped us get The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse up and running again after the Summer hiatus. Anyone want to host next month? Please consider! You can submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival against child abuse using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Hi Marj,

Thank you for another great edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse.

My heart goes out to you with your recent struggles (and for your little guy). Your perseverance is inspiring.

Thanks!!!
Nancy
 
awesome work getting this back again :) Thanks Marj
 
Thanks for the support, Nancy and S'onnie. I appreciate you both.
 
Great posts - and great carnival. As usual ;)
 
Thank you so much for including my post and also for your very kind words. This new blog is very, very new but I already see great things happening and hope that it inspires other survivors out there.

Thanks again!
 
Thanks, Deb! I'll have to get over to your blog and catch up on all the great reading there. Thanks for visiting for the Carnival.

You're so welcome, Holly. And thanks for all you do. Best wishes with the new blog.
 
Well done Marj for organising another great carnival.
 
Hi Marj, It so great to see the Blog Carnival You mentioned on my blog if you could use some of my poems, and yes you can..take care..Mary
 
Great job, Marj. I'm sorry I didn't have time to submit anything--I'm in the middle of sorting through all my stuff for the big move.
 
Great carnival as always, Marj.
 
Mary: I'd LOVE to have you join us. Just make sure you use the link at the post called, "carnival submission form" to enter. It's very easy to fill out. You can even submit some poems now, and I'll guarantee at least one of them will get into th next edition! ;)

No worries, Beauty. But...you're moving AGAIN?! Hope all goes well.

Thanks, April. And thanks for always being involved.
 
Oops! Didn't mean to forget you, Kahless. I do so appreciate your support as well! ;)
 
I really liked your blog so I added it to my blogroll.

Take care,
Christine
 
Thanks, Christine. And thanks for visiting. If you let me know your blog url, I'll come and visit yours and check it out, too!
 
I see the link now. Duh! ;P

The link wasn't highlighted on my e-mail notice of Christine's comment. I'll mosey on over....
 
Yea! Another great carnival!
 
Hi Marj, I haven't been around much lately but I'm slowly reading through all these strong and inspiring posts. Thank you so much for this carnival.
 
Lucretia: Thanks for visiting. I'm so glad you're reaching out--you are not alone! Thanks for the compliments. I'll check out your blog.

Thanks, Karma. It's always great to see you AND I always appreciate you ongoing support.

You're welcome, CM! So nice to "see" you...long time no "see."
 
oops! Lucretia's comment was left on a very old post. Her blog is at: http://voicesinthedarkness.blogpost.com
 
hey, i wanted to let you know that I gave you an award. you have to copy it from my blog. i don't know how else to send it on. i wanted to say thanks, alot!
 
You're welcome a lot, Mile 191. And thank YOU! I'm getting caught up on some links and other bloggy land logistics now...so I WILL pick up that award and play that meme...soon, I promise. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?