December 09, 2008

 

The Tree Is Me

Haven't felt much like writing lately. (Ya think? OMG! I think I'm in danger of becoming a once-a-month blog poster, and I really wanted to do more than that. Ah well, these things go in stages, right?)

I did receive this message that I thought was something I really wanted to pass along. To all abuse survivors who fear they may have been completely broken, or at least twisted beyond recognition:

The Spiritual Divine
does not require
what you call
"perfect symmetry."

Look at the tree
that bends
from the whipping winds.

It is tangled and gnarled,
yet its beauty remains.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hey girly, nice to hear from you! I was really bummed out that I didn't get to make my snow angel :-) LOL Yes I'm 28 and want to make a snow angel!

Love the picture and the saying. I think I'm a bit of a gnarled tree myself. Thank God beauty is in the eye of the beholder :-)

How's your Christmas holiday time coming along? With wee ones it can be tough! Hang on sistah the holiday season is almost over! wooo hoo.... Ohh... sorry I shouldn't spread my baaah bumbugery around. ;-)

Hugs to you!
 
You're sweet. Thanks, Jade. Yeah, I feel like a bit of a Scrooge myself some these days. Especially since I've been sick with a nasty bug lately. But, it's not as bad as some years! ;P
 
wonderful!
 
Thanks, Sarah...and welcome!
 
Gee I never looked at it that way.I just thought of myself as broken beyond repair. Thanks for a new look.
 
You're welcome, Wanda. And I would never think of you as broken beyond repair. I guess it just goes to show that others see us differently than we see ourselves, huh?

((((((Safe hugs))))))
 
That tree is indeed beautiful.
 
I really do believe everyone has an unbreakable light within. It's just a matter of finding it again;-)
Sarah
 
And so are you, Kahless! :)

Thanks, Sarah. Well said!
 
This tree is indeed beautiful.
 
And so are we...survivor solidarity...hee hee hee! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?