April 20, 2006

 

Angela Shelton on Lifetime

Thank you, kind, compassionate, thoughtful peoples of the Internet. Thanks for the PM's (that's a term we use on some of the forums I'm on), e-mails and kind words that actually got through in a few instances with the Blogger comment clog. I appreciate your well-wishes, thoughts and prayers.

The bad news is I've been sick. Eewww! Yuck! Really sick kind of sick. And I'm not bouncing back as fast as I'd like--perhaps because I got too dehydrated. The good news is that we are starting to see some positive results already through my son's therapy. It's the kind of thing where you go to an expert and they teach you a bunch of therapy techniques to use at home. Daily. As in every two hours. I feel like a walking egg timer!

Ah, well. Nature, in her infinite wisdom, decided me being sick was the only way to go. "Too much stress! Too much running around. Not enough sleep. You WILL rest. Now! Wham!"

So, now I'm getting some rest. And my son is already showing improvement. It will all be more than worth it if I continue to hear the rare phrase, "Mommy, I feel good!" Music to my ears.

Here's what's happening on "The Movement" front. That's what Angela Shelton calls the effort to stop the silence and break the cycle of abuse. Speaking of Angela Shelton, her movie, Searching for Angela Shelton will make its exclusive television debut on Lifetime this Saturday. The special one-hour version of the film includes never-before-seen footage and will air on the cable network Saturday, April 22 at 11:00 p.m. Eastern & Pacific time. You can check the schedule here:
www.lifetimetv.com. Lifetime also has message boards where you can share ideas and comments about the film.

You can see a trailer of the film here:
www.searchingforangelashelton.com. You might also want to check out Angela's personal blog at www.angelashelton.com/weblog. If you visit, prepare yourself for Angela's frank, in-your-face discussions. She doesn't sugar-coat anything. I love this woman's energy, courage and honesty!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
she does have a good website thanks for the link :)
 
Marg I was just reading your blogs and we have like minds as to "I want to stop thinking about it and start some action! Yeah, let's blow this thing wide open." and then you preceeded to mention many similar ideas because of your corporate marketing experience.

I've created a magazine and want to join energy with you to start a huge awareness campaign. Please send me you email address and I will forward you a copy. ReadyToGrow2005@yahoo.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?