February 03, 2006

 

Five on Friday Meme

I found this meme on The Daily Meme. It's from Five on Friday and here are the five questions for today:
  1. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a stewardess--that's what they were called back then. Also, way back then, the airlines had height and weight requirements, etc.
  2. Did you follow through? If not, what happened? No, I certainly did not. My stubborn, rather feminist self decided I did not want to be a "waitress in the air" and deal with all the sexist b.s. that was involved at the time. I still love to travel, however, and have even been able to do some travel writing.
  3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse? Much, much better. I was severely abused as a child (story at my website: www.survivorscanthrive.com) and did not hope for much at the time. As a kid, and young adult, I believe I subconsciously thought that I would marry anyone--no matter how abusive--who said they loved me. Now, I am married to a man who is very kind, loving and supportive of me and my recovery from abuse. As a kid, I also had poor self-esteem and not much confidence in my abilities. Today, I believe I'm a talented writer and am able to move people with my work.
  4. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self? This question reminds me of the movie, The Kid, with Bruce Willis, except that story involved an eight-year-old kid who traveled forward in time to help out the adult. I would give similar advice that was used in the movie, as in something like, "Everything's going to be alright." I would also tell my child self: "You are beautiful. You are unique. You are precious and worthy. You have so much to give and to get out of your life. You go, girl!"
  5. Do you think the child you were would like the adult you've become? I think the child I was craved an adult like me! I am affectionate and loving. I am accepting, compassionate and understanding. I try to give these gifts to my own offspring, and I think he appreciates being loved no matter what.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?